Issue with OEL Processor (No project file specified)

May 19, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Hi there,

I'm having what I hope is a minor issue with the OELProcessor.

Let's say my file structure is as follows (I laid it out similar to the example provided with the software):

Content
    - levels
        - test
            - testLevel.oel
            - testProject.oep
        - gfx
             (Graphics here)

I have testLevel and testProject's properties set to have them "compile" and am using the correct Level/Project Importer and Processors.

However, when I build the project I get the following error:

Error 1 Building content threw Exception: No project file specified.
at OgmoXNAPipelineExtensions.OelProcessor.Process(OelContent input, ContentProcessorContext context) in ......\OgmoXNAPipelineExtensions\OelProcessor.cs:line 25
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentProcessor'2.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentProcessor.Process(Object input, ContentProcessorContext context)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary'2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair'2[]& warnings) .......\Content\levels\test\testLevel.oel

I'm not sure exactly how to "tell" the OEL processor which project file it should be using. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 19, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Aha, figures, as soon as I post something I figure it out :)

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Glad you figured it out!  For anyone who comes across the same thing what you need to do is:

* Click on your level file in your content project.

* Make sure Ogmo Editor Level Processor is selected for the processor.  A '+' should appear next to it.  Click the '+'.

* Specify the relative path and filename (with or without the .oep extension) of the project file for this level.

* Done!